ANSWER THE QUIZ ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATIONS BELOW:
Date of Independence July 4, 1776
Form of government Federal Republic
Number of states 50
Capital Washington D. C. (District of Columbia)
Population 281,421,906 inhabitants (censos 2000)
Área 9,363,123 sq. km. (square kilometers)
Major languages English and Spanish
Flag “The Stars (representing the 50 states) and Stripes (representing the
original 13 colonies)”
Currency U. S. Dollar ($) = 100 cents (ø)
Coins: 1ø (a penny) 5ø (a niquel) 10ø (a dime) 25ø (a quarter)
10 major cities (in descending order
New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston,
Washington, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Miami.
1. The U. S.A. declared Independence on
a) July 4, 1886 b) July 4, 1776 c) July 4, 1492
2. The fifty states are represented in the flag by
a. the stripes
b. the stars
c. the stars and the stripes
3. Hawaii was the last state to be incorporated into the U. S.A. It became thestate.
a. 52nd b. 51st c. 50th
4. The 13 colonies that made up the original United States in 1776 are represented in the flag by
a. the stars and stripes b. the stripes c. the stars
5. The largest city is
a. Miami b. Chicago c. New York
6. The capital of the U. S.A. is
a. Washington b. New York c. Los Angeles
7. There are
a. one hundred dollars in a cent
Have a nice week
b. one hundred cents in a dólar c. one hundred cents in a dime
1- july 4,1776
2- the stars
3- 50 th
4- the stripes
+ he´ll (ou he will) work.
- he won´t (ou he will not) work.
? will he work?
+ they´ll (ou they will) go.
- they won´t (ou they will not) go.
? will they go?